Makes 10 to 12 muffins.
Delicious healthy muffins that can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Taste great slightly warmed up in toaster oven or microwave! For more recipes, visit us at thedateco.com & @thedateco.
· ½ cup nut butter of your choice
· 1 medium ripe banana (about ½ cup)
· 1 flax egg (Mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 2.5 tbsp water. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before using.)
· ¼ cup The Date Co. Date Syrup
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· ½ tsp baking soda
· ¼ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) & prepare muffin pan with liners/spraying with cooking spray.
2. Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to blender & blend on high until the oats are broken down & batter is smooth & creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
3. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until about ¾ full.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes until tops of your muffins are set & a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.