These chewy chocolate-y bites are sure to satisfy your most intense chocolate craving. Quick and easy to make, Date Butter Fudge is great to have on hand in your fridge or freezer for a snack on the go or dessert treat. The recipe base also leaves lots of room for creativity. Add in chopped nuts or hemp hearts for extra protein and texture. Sprinkle in some maca or cinnamon for flavour depth.
The fudge must be stored in the fridge or freezer—we’ve been eating it straight out of the freezer and they still maintain their chewy texture. We also found this fudge to be one of those treats that tastes better on day 2 and 3 once they’ve had some time to settle in the fridge, so if you can wait that long, they make for great make-ahead treats.
· ¼ cup almond meal
· ⅛ cup unsweetened coconut
· ½ cup Date Butter
· ⅛ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· Pinch sea salt (plus additional for sprinkling)
· Dash of vanilla
- Process almond meal, coconut, and date butter until combined
- Add cocoa powder, sea salt, and vanilla. You don’t want to overmix but make sure everything gets incorporated.
- Press firmly into a baking tray. Use any size you have on hand and create your own edge based on the thickness you prefer. I usually make mine 1cm tall.
- Pop into the fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour to chill just enough so it is firm enough to easily cut into squares.
- For best results, return to freezer or fridge to chill overnight. Or, if you like them extra gooey, they’re good to go, as is.